Mon, Jun 06|
SOAR to Kentucky
Caring Crew is hosting our very first DOMESTIC SOAR Project! Fly with us to Kentucky, where we will be helping the children of Inez, KY, through educational programs and fun activities!
Time & Location
Jun 06, 2022, 9:00 AM – Jun 11, 2022, 7:00 PM
Appalachian Outreach, Inez, KY 41224, USA
About the Event
Come with us as we help children in need in our own back yard! Caring Crew will be working with the children of Inez, KY, an old coal mining town near the Appalachians. Only two miles in area, Inez is a closeknit community, and we will be working with a local community center and our new partners Appalachian Outreach! We need volunteers to help local teachers with educational lessons and volunteer-led fun activities like dancing, arts and crafts, and sport activites. This is a time to show these children in this struggling town that they are worthy and loved. We are so excited to host our very first domestic SOAR, and we would love to have you join us!
SOAR is Caring Crew's signature children's camp. Typically 2-3 days long, SOAR camps are opportunities to live out our mission statement of promoting health, education, and wellness to children in our global community. The children of Inez hold a special place within that global community, and this will be a wonderful opportunity for both new and returning volunteers! SOAR will consist of two days of educational, active, and artistic activities followed by a day of communty service and a fun field trip! We are looking for volunteers who love working with children of all ages, as we help teachers lead educational classes, and also lead our own activities. If you have a passion for children, please join us! Appalachian Outreach is thrilled to welcome us, and we are thankful for this chance to bring joy to children so close to home.
1. We are looking for 10 volunteers.
2. SOAR will be working with 75 children ages 8-17 years old, along with their teachers and Appalachian Outreach workers.
3. We will fly to Lexington airport on June 6, set up for SOAR on June 7, and return home on Saturday June 11. The actual SOAR will be held on June 8th-10th, with two days of activities and lessons, and one day of community servicework and a field trip!
4. Caring Crew is requiring a $120 volunteer fee that will cover transportation between Lexington and Inez, room and board.
5. All team members are responsible for their travel to Lexington, as this event is volunteer-based.